BECOME A MEDIA GO-TO VOICE
Manage media interviews with poise and proficiency
Do you want to become a respected media spokesman for your profession or industry?
Or learn to reach your target audience by getting your message out there in the media?
Maybe present your own video to market your business?
If so, you need Get Yourself Broadcast Ready – a media training day covering TV and radio broadcast interview skills and the opportunity to learn proven interview techniques from experienced media professionals.
– Learning to get on message
– Understanding the needs of differing broadcast media
– Delivering effective sound bites
– Interview preparation techniques
– Practising live radio and TV interviews studio-style interviews
– Overcoming nerves
– Structuring responses to challenging questions
Who should attend?
– Business owners, leaders and directors
– Executive staff, company spokespeople and decision makers
– Marketing and communications staff
Session 1 – Understanding the broadcast media
Welcome – appreciating the needs of broadcasters – understanding your target audience – having media appeal
Specific practice skills: Delivering a short sound bite for a radio interview
Session 2 – Getting on message
Shaping sound bites and key messages – structuring concise answers and opinions – consistency and persuasion
Specific practice skill: Handling a five-minute radio interview
Session 3 – Delivery and poise
Physical preparation – voice training – controlling nerves – maintaining posture, poise and diction
Specific practice skill: A three-minute TV interview
Session 4 – Keeping an eye on the curve ball
Handling awkward interview questions – anticipation and preparation – accentuating the positive – buying time
Specific practice skill: Handling a tough TV interview
Other courses in this series: Delivering perfect presentations and speeches, Media crisis and reputation management strategy.